Recently Cezar Totth from Romania contacted me with this message, and I have included it and the images here, as it is similar to what I am doing.
I just started a sketch for a simple and lightweight skin-on-frame velomobile hull.
Not aiming for that gorgeous streamline you made, I’m more into building simplicity and comfort, that means fatter & shorter, open cockpit, with fewer longitudinal tubes.
My current target is a light electric commuter delta trike with pedal assist.
I started a 1/2 scale model frame made of 11mm pvc tubest.
Thanks for your inspiring effort. As I mentioned, I find it gorgeous.
Keep having fun,
The bare Dacron is sealed with Golden Gel Mediums : Self Leveling Clear Gel, mixed 1:1 with water by volume.
The gel stops the paint from bleeding through the skin, and adds the first layer of waterproofing.
Two coats of Golden Cadmium Yellow Medium Hue were then applied. The paint was mixed 1 volume paint to 2 volumes of water
Charles getting fitted for a new velomobile. I used approximately 474 ml of neat paint to cover the outside and edges.
The Lexan polycarbonate sheet comes with 2 protective skins. These were peeled away to allow gluing, using Evo-stik contact adhesive, and pop riveting.
The wheel discs are held on from the back.
The Dacron and protective skins were left in place on the windscreen until all coating and painting was completed. Three longerons were left in place to maintain structural strength. They are narrower than the distance between your eyes so they do not register.